Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hello world!

Hey!
So this is a blog. I'm not sure how to start it. If anyone doesn't know me, I'm Dan. I have an awesome wife named Stephi, and a bird named Mr. Jones. I'll pretty much just be writing about fun things like video games and music, with a smattering of other topics if I feel like it. Nothing too deep though because, well I don't want to! So here we go!

I love Nintendo. There I said it. I know and care way too much about Nintendo not to talk about it constantly. Why you ask? Well honestly it's because Nintendo systems tend to have more of the types of games I enjoy. I appreciate what the 360 and PS3 bring to the table, and admit some jealousy of some games available on those systems but not on Nintendo's, but not enough to own them. I don't think you have to hate on the other systems to be a fanboy. I don't enjoy online play, I'm not a FPS fan, and generally play one game at a time, so why do I need 3 systems to fill up my gaming time? Nintendo tends towards adventure and platform games, innovative and just plain out there games, and that's what I'm looking for!

Currently I'm playing Madworld on Wii. It's good. I like it a lot, but my like for it is waining. The overall mechanics of running around and killing enemies in some of the most inventive and over-the-top ways is very satisfying, but ultimately gets a bit repetitive and is not really needed. The point of the game is to do enough damage to earn more points to unlock later parts of the stage. Unfortunately it's just as easy to just chop everyone up with your Chainsaw and get points as it is to use all the random weapons around each level, and much faster. So the main feature of the game begins to feel more like a perk than something needed and boils the game down to a pretty standard, albeit incredibly stylish and funny, beat-em up. The fact that it's only about 6-8 hours long is also a bit of a drag. I'll finish it, but probably won't go back to it anytime soon. The biggest disappointment? Madworld was created by ex-members of Clover studio's (now Platinum Games) who are responsible for one of my all time favorite adventures Okami! And while Madworld is good, it doesn't hold a candle to the beauty, story, and sheer enjoyability of Okami. I give it a score of 3 out of 5 chainsaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment