Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Grand!

So now some music stuff.
I just got into this band Matt and Kim from NY. I'm pretty enamoured with it to say the least. The sound basically consists of loops and synth sounds from Matt, drums and beats from Kim, vocals from both, and healthy injection of clapping and stomping (my favorite part!). Their new album Grand is short, fun, and easy to just dance around to on my way to work everyday. None of the stuff is too complex or deep, it's just fun and upbeat without being too pretentious or "indie" (I'm looking at you MGMT). I recommend Matt and Kim greatly.

check out their video for the opening track on Grand -"Daylight"

I've also been listening to The Who a lot lately. Mostly because I'm reading a biography of Keith Moon (crazy, alcoholic, drumming god) and wanted to flesh out my knowledge of the bands catalogue. I picked up a extended version of Who's next that has a some great unreleased tracks on it, but I really need to pick up "Tommy" since I admit to not ever really listening to the rock opera from start to finish. So I'll let you know how that goes.

Well I guess that's enough for my first day of blogging. Hope I actually keep this up! Later.

The Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment