Friday, April 3, 2009

One Hit Wonderful

I'm watching VH1's top one hit wonders of the 80's and let me tell you...AWESOME! I still think I was born about 15 years too late for all the late 70's and 80's music that actually interest me. Sigh...

Anyway, second day of the blog and it looks like my Dad is reading it so there's that! Hi Dad! I think some of my friends may be confused as to why I have a blog. It's just that I like the social aspect of online posting, but I can't stand how the big sites are setup. Myspace is full of ad's for bad music and movies, and Facebook is just too damned cluttered for me to focus and actually get out thoughts. So I thought just straight writing would work better for me. So that's why I'm doing this. Gotta problem with it? That's what I thought!

The Nintendo DSi comes out Sunday and I couldn't be more happy to be getting one. I never got a DS Light so I'm still currently using the old brick style. The addition of camera's and music support is just icing compared to the (from what I hear vastly) improved sound and screens. Plus It gives me the opportunity to pass my old DS onto a friend who has not had the good fortune to have one. My only concern is, with my recent addition of an Ipod touch, I now will have at least 2 web-browsing devices on me at all times. Who needs this much access to the inter-web. I think pretty soon we'll start adding Wi-fi web browsing to our toasters and shoes! The drawback is a dumb-ed down web experience. Honestly none of the portable web-browsing devices I've used (iPhone/Pod, smart phones, PSP, etc....) can really handle everything the web offers well. They are all much slower and constrained than even my other 6 year old computer with Broadband. Maybe in another few years the technology will catch up, but for now beside reading emails and doing quick google searches, I would much rather do all my serious interneting on the real computers.

Send Stephi your good vibes! She's at a job interview right now!

And I'm gone.

The Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment